Monday, April 15, 2013

More little people!

I had some little visitors this week and they let me photograph them! I am still at the point of not wanting to intrude on their activities or direct them, so I just took pictures of what they were doing, seeing if I could capture some great shots "au natural." The first spot was in my living room, and they were close to my front window. I tried snapping with the blind open and closed because I was not sure how it should be. I'm not sure if some of the photos came out light/cool or if it's the gray wall background. They are pretty adorable nonetheless!







A little fun with aperture:


Then we went outside because it was so nice, out and mom is brilliant and brought bubbles. I found it was really hard to get the focus exactly on the eye with moving targets and mostly resorted to making sure their face or body was in focus.

'

I wish I didn't chop off his other hand!!



:)



Gotta throw in some bloopers of ones with completely wrong focus. It's always a learning process right?



Then they eyed the sandbox and I got another couple of cute shots! 




I had a hard time getting them both in focus. I was using a 2.8 aperture though, which I thought would be sufficient. It all happens so fast, I didn't have time to think to increase it and take it again. 



Chicky caught on that this was a photo shoot and decided to give us some poses! Too cute! I wasn't sure how long she'd stay like that, so I was quickly trying to play with the settings. I think one is a little too light and the other two are a little too dark. 




I'm really happy with the photos we took, and we had a lot of fun! I'd like to play around with some cropping and editing colors/tones. Along with a couple more lens', Photoshop or Lightroom is on my wishlist. Thanks to my models and their mommy, and thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment