Monday, June 24, 2013

First Wedding!

I have not kept up with weekly blogging like I wanted to, but rather than throw in the hat and not come back at all, here I am. Back to our trip. We made it to Naples, Florida and attended the wedding of a very good friend. The weather was hot and sunny, and the wedding was gorgeous. During the ceremony I had a seat in the back, so I had a decent shot of the processional. Of course this meant I did not have a good shot of the actual ceremony. I did not feel comfortable getting up and moving to get better shots, especially when a photographer was hired and doing his job. I'd like to experiment with cropping and editing some of these.














Get ready for backs of heads!






I really love this one. 

I wish the speaker wasn't in the background!! Aren't they adorable?





I do not know how to photograph when one person is in shade and one is in sunlight. I'm sure this could be fixed with editing software. 


Overall, I'm happy with a lot of the photos I took at the wedding. It was very sunny, so it was difficult not to let things get washed out or too bright. Even though I didn't try to set up any shots, I still felt like I was pushing my comfort level by taking so many pictures and some even of strangers. I almost wish I could find someone laid back who couldn't/didn't want to hire someone and wanted to let me be the photographer of their wedding, so I could have more access to take better photographs. Then get them printed from a professional lab and see where I measured up. I have told a couple of friends with kids that I would take pictures of them. I also have friends who just got engaged and offered to do their engagement photos and make a save the date out of them. I'm anxious for these opportunities to keep learning and practicing. I have read some articles that actually recommend having a more advanced camera than mine to start a business. And I'd certainly need more than one lens. But I can dream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment